Saturday, February 10, 2007

Good as new

Literally, good as new. The Gifford's repairman came out yesterday afternoon (I'm sorry I don't remember his name). Not only did he replace the bulb (under warranty), he calibrated my settings for me. This TV has never looked better, and saved me a lot more than the $200 I thought it was going to be.

It's a good thing too. I refused to tell Becca how much it was going to cost and she asked "Does this mean we'll be having pizza for Valentine's day?"

"And an all-you-can-smooch buffet," I answered.

She didn't think it was very funny then. She'll probably think it's even less funny written here.

So, thank you Gifford's, you restored my TV to life (and made it better than new), and saved our Valentine's day.

If you are in the market for a TV and live in the Stephenville area, give Gifford's a shot. People are always tempted to buy from the big-box stores because of huge sales. They are not going to come close to matching the service of a small locally-owned shop like Gifford's.

Our TV in the bedroom is acting funny, so we'll be in the market for a new one soon (and I'm of the opinion I need one in the office too). Will I be taking my money to Wal-Mart or Best Buy? Nope, Gifford's has earned my business as long as I live here. They've always taken great care of us.

No comments: