Thursday, February 08, 2007

We've got a man down!

Just over a year ago:

"Now, this 62" DLP HDTV has a bulb powering it that will eventually burn out. This isn't all bad, though because once you replace it, the TV will look just as good as it did the first time it was turned on," the salesman explained.

"What did he say?" I thought. "Something about a bulb I think. I don't know. I sorta spaced out after I heard the words 62" DLP."

"The bulb will be around $200 to replace," he continued.

"$200! After what I'm about to pay for this thing?"

"Oh well," I comforted myself, "that's somewhere in the future. Yeah, a long way away. Today I get 62 inches of widescreen high-definition glory."

Fast forward to today:

I sit down in my comfortable chair. Time for a quick game to relax after a long day's work.

The TV goes black.

"Dang kids," I think to myself, "They're always hitting the remote."

I look around. Nope, no kids in the room.

"Hey, what's that red light on the front of the TV?"

"Aw crap, it's the one labeled 'bulb'. That's not good."

"We've got a man down!" I scream.

Man I hope Gifford's can fix this quick.

No comments: